Do you Fondue? Festive Christmas Fonduing Hints
My husband and I have one family tradition we always adhere to at Christmas time. In the year 2000, we were gifted with a very special present; our new daughter-in-law, Jenna. We entertained the bride and groom on their wedding day with a grand authentic fondue and a magnum of champagne. Each year we recreate the blessings of the Christmas Season by feteing ourselves to a fine fondue.
My son, Sean, had attained the majority of 32 years, dated many young ladies, and never found one he thought suitable for marriage. A few weeks in the late Fall of 2000 ended a long life of bachelorhood.
One afternoon I got a call from my son informing me that he was (at last) in love. I asked what he was going to do about it. By this stage of my life I was tired of him pussyfooting around (pun intended) and I wanted grandchildren. So, with my good advice the decided to be married on Christmas Eve as the new Melinnium commenced.
They eschewed all the normal matrimonial trappings, opting instead for a short inexpensive ceremony at the Galveston Wedding Chapel. No big wedding gowns, no cakes, no bouquest, no family, no wedding guest: they were married on their own terms in their jeans and sweaters with non-familial witnesses, using my Mother's ancient wedding back because they could not afford rings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home