Hot Water Whip Crisco Pie Crust 1955 recipe
Here is the recipe for "Water Whip Pie Crust" I have used it since
1955.
It was on the label of a can of Spry. I have used Crisco, butter,
margarine,
and lard, all with good results. Here it is:
3/4 cups Crisco,etc...
2 tbs. milk ( I use can milk)
1/4 cup boiling water,
Pour the water over the milk and Crisco, whip with a fork until the
consisting
of sour cream.
Add:
2 cups flour ( I use Gold Medal).
1 tsp. salt
Slowly blend the flour and salt into the creamy mixture using a fork.
Mix until the dough is well blended, you may not use all the flour.
But you
don't want it to stick to your hands.
Separate into two balls. Roll out on board or between wax paper as you
prefer.
I am famous for my pies, and everyone wants the recipe. No one will
believe
it is so easy. ENJOY...
Valerie A. Windsor, CA

<< Home